June 6, 2008

Time for Updates!!!

First of all, I'm so sorry to you, my loyal readers, who have been checking in over the last few weeks and have seen no new posts! Don't fear, though, today I sat outside and thought of about 20 new topics to blog about! So starting next week I am going to be more consistent and get some new posts up.

To start, I want to post what my friend Corrina blogged about last week, because it is really helpful information. Here are her tips in a nutshell (to read her full post, go to her blog):

A few things Corrina does to save money:

-Shop at Dollar Tree and discount stores
"Today at Dollar Tree (all at $1) I found Puffs Kleenex, bleach, mozarella cheese, popsicles, pretzels, Rubbermaid reusable tupperware and a Fitness magazine."

-Skip the paper products. "We used to go through a ton of paper plates in a month. It was just easier. But I realized--although I would buy them inexpensively, it adds up and isn't too green either. It's been 2 or 3 months since I last bought paper plates. We just use the dishawasher more! And rags work just as well as paper towels."

-Buy in bulk at places like Henry's.

-Shop at children's resale stores and craigslist.

-Split food items at Costco with a friend.

-Shop at little (local) markets

Thanks for all the tips, Corrina!! If any of you have any tips, please let me know!

No comments: